Due to a lack of transportation funding from the end of the federal and state sources, the Dominion Boulevard Veterans Bridge is tolled since the completion of its toll system testing on February 9, 2017, at 12:01 a.m. The tolls collected are funded for the maintenance, operation and construction works of the Bridge. The ‘open road tolling facilities ensure that there would be no stopping of the vehicles on the tolls booth.
Instead of the cash tolls, the tolls are collected either electronically or via mail:
- Via E-ZPass Transponder: Motorist and the vehicle owners must have the E-ZPass transponder mounted on the windshield. Sensors placed on the upper portion of the overhead structures would capture the license plate numbers or read the transponders. And the toll will be deducted automatically from the E-ZPass account balance.
- Via Toll by Plate notice (Mail): Motorists who do not have transponder and E-ZPass account will have to pay their toll via Mail. After passing through the toll plaza, a multi-sensor camera will capture the picture of your license plate number. On capture, you will be billed immediately and your toll invoice will be sent to your address.
Toll By Plate notice is issued to the commuters who are not under E-ZPass. However, do you know, you may receive Toll By Plate notice even if you have the transponder? On traveling through Dominion Boulevard Veterans Bridge toll zones, if the system does not recognize valid E-ZPass transponder, you will be issued with the Toll By Plate notice. Here are the scenarios, you may receive the notice even if you have transponder:
- If the E-ZPass transponder is incorrectly mounted on the windshield during the passage of vehicles and transportation.
- If your license plate is not enlisted within your E-ZPass account.
- Zero or less than enough funds in the E-ZPass account.
- The E-ZPass account is deactivated due to non-usage.
Of course, as a primary resort, Veterans Bridge will attempt to deduct the payment from the E-ZPass account. However, in case of deactivation or insufficient balance, the deduction will be bounced and you will receive Toll Invoice in your registered address.
On the inability to capture the account, a photographic image of the licensed plate will be captured. Based on the license plate number, the registered owner’s name and mailing address will be obtained from the database of the Department of Motor Vehicles. On obtaining such information, automatically a unique Toll By Plate account is created against that particular license plate. Ext, the notice will be generated and issued via mail.
To know more about the do’s and don’ts and rules, please visit the detailed FAQ section of the City of Chesapeake portal at www.cityofchesapeake.net.
So if you have received the Toll By Plate notice invoice via mail, you need to make the payment by logging in to the unique Toll By Plate account and make the payment. Follow these steps to make the payment smoothly:
- Open your browser and visit www.paydominiontolls.com.
- Besides Access your Toll by Plate account clicks on LOG IN
- Enter the Account Licence Plate info by selecting the state and license number.
- Take the notice and enter the Account Number up to 12 digits.
- Or else, you can enter the Notice Number from the notice below the account number.
- Click on LOGIN to proceed to the secured payment gateway.
After making the payment, the deduction may take four to five days to reflect on your bank accounts statement. In case of bounced amount, returned check fee, please connect directly with the City of Chesapeake, City Treasurer’s Office.
Read Also.. How to Log in with Aflac Insurance Online Portal
Dial 855-813-9123 and speak directly to the service representative in case of queries, request or complaints.
Time: You can speak to the representatives from Monday-Friday, from 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
List of holidays are:
New Year’s Day
New Year’s Eve.
Self Service IVR is available 24/7 hours.
General Mail Correspondence
Dominion Boulevard Veterans Bridge,
PO Box 9036 Addison,